Just a generic geek, with a tendency for taking things apart


Blogger Profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
RSS Feed

PicoSearch

This blog is in the process of moving to Markw.us, just take note.

Wednesday, April 16, 2003
 
I went, I competed, I failed. Fun experiance but I didn't like the choise of problems. One of my problems was a PC that didn't display video, and I had an AGP card that looked like it was burtout, but rather than apply KISS and find unseated RAM I said it was the AGP. I should have paid attention to "How did you fix the problem" and realized that I could have fixed it. Then there was the IDE problem, where all I needed to do was reset the BIOS in 15 minutes (I was getting there when time was called). The other two problems were simple reconnect the floppy the *right way* and push down on the power supply connector. Then again I pushed down on that connector and the PC brought up some other problem (stupid little beeping sound)

Of course I was fixing problems before the competition. Last night in the hotel room I went to tirn on a light and got one click, two click 3 clicks. After that I think it went like this:

[light one on]
[light one off, light to remains off]
Shoot burt out
[light one on, light two supposedly getting power]
[I look at light two's socket and see nothing but filiment]
That's got to be a fire hazard
[touches light 2's light shade]
Whoa, Magic smoke

I swear when I called down to house keeping they were laughing at my story. I mean no glass, just the filiment, and noone had really messed up the room yet. It was one of those moments when I wish I had a camera.



Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>