Just a generic geek, with a tendency for taking things apart


Blogger Profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
RSS Feed

PicoSearch

This blog is in the process of moving to Markw.us, just take note.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005
Podcasts in the fast lane
 
When I got to playing with my iPod for the first time I posted my first impressions and tagged on that I wanted to use the fast play feature in the 4g iPods to work though material faster (at the time I wanted to cram HHGttG Radio plays) but never quite got it to work. After initial searching it involved changing .m4a tags to .m4b (those are AAC files) but I couldn't get it to work. After listing to some IT Conversations on fast play it caught my attention once again and I went in search of a homebrew solution. And this time I found it. A small apple script called Make Bookmarkable. Mac users only, but I saw a handful of PC how tos. Anyways the fast play can get a little annoying, theres some jumping around and some podcasts are better than others, but it is handy none the less. I don't think I'll be converting HHGttG to AAC but some of my staple podcasts will be converted to ACCs if I don't recieve them that way.



Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>