Just a generic geek, with a tendency for taking things apart


Blogger Profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
RSS Feed

PicoSearch

This blog is in the process of moving to Markw.us, just take note.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005
New Doctorow Short Story
 
Just finshed the latest Doctorow short story I, Robot You can see his introduction to it over at BoingBoing.net

I liked this one more than than Anda's Game - which I posted about a few months ago This ones a little longer, but I think the universe is a little closer to my knowlege base. Anda's Game was aimed at gamers, this one is more techie. In any case I like how he's twisting some classic SciFi, I've read both Enders Game and I, Robot so I remember the general twists, and while I'm not activly thinking about it while reading the new work, the subtle twists are churning away in my mind as I write this. Like I said last time take an hour or so and sit down to read this, its a well constructed universe to visit, but one I and others are trying very hard not to live in



Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>