Just a generic geek, with a tendency for taking things apart


Blogger Profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
RSS Feed

PicoSearch

This blog is in the process of moving to Markw.us, just take note.

Saturday, February 26, 2005
Scifi Gets it!
 
To be entirely honest I very, very rarely the sites for the TV shows I watch. I know that may be ungeeky of me, but networks never seemed to get the web thing. But SciFi really seems to get it, at least now.

Blog, RSS, and full, uncut, commercial free episodes in streaming media. Its probably lower than broadcast quality, I mean at the very least its been run though a digital compressor to make it work around bandwidth constraints.

At least for Battlestar Galattica, which is currently their only original series.

I can't help but wonder if this is because the series was thrown up onto bittorrent networks as fast as it was being aired in Europe. In any case, I hope they can find a way to make free streaming media work. I think networks can only benefit from putting shows online, it sure beats the MPAA and RIAA models of lawsuits, lawsuits, and more lawsuits



Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>