Just a generic geek, with a tendency for taking things apart


Blogger Profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
RSS Feed

PicoSearch

This blog is in the process of moving to Markw.us, just take note.

Monday, February 21, 2005
What's better than Nigerian Spammers?
 
How 'bout hispanic spammers?

Just got this gem in my email account (which is a post spam rant)

Hello ,


That was the sound of me hitting the floor
when I realized that I had finally found El Dorado!

If you want me to tell you the secrets,
all you have to do is to email me to:

(spammer email removed)

Put "Ok,let me know" in the subject,
with your fullname and country you represented
in the body of your email.

There is plenty for all of us!


Best Wishes,

Ruel



I'd like to thank some people for this piece of spam, first Ruel, the soulless jackass who composed this email, mymail.ph.inter.net for giving the leach some bandwidth and access to a username, and finally the US government and the elected officials who passed CANSPAM, one of many technology related laws where more time was spend writing a cute acronym than in the actually legislation, for which provided the unblock-able holes that Raul and several others have exploited.

Usually I wouldn't post something like this, but I've gotten so much spam in the last 2 weeks in all of my POP/IMAP accounts that I'm now training smart spam filters to catch the garbage. (I've received more junk email in the last two weeks than I have in the last two years)



Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>