Just a generic geek, with a tendency for taking things apart


Blogger Profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
RSS Feed

PicoSearch

This blog is in the process of moving to Markw.us, just take note.

Monday, March 21, 2005
I'm a bad geek
 
Wow. I haven't checked my RSS feeds in over 3 days. Since I first started pulling feeds I don't think I've gone more than two days before checking the feeds. Its both overwhelming and relieving. Its relieving because its a welcome break from the norm, and overwhelming because I've missed so much, but over a weekend it isn't as bad.

Then there's my hard drive. On the laptop I managed to bottom it out. I really hate seeing "no room left on drive" errors. I really really hate them I mean they fuck up all sorts of stuff. So last night/this morning I cleared out about 3, maybe 4 GBs of data and the worst part is I'm already down under 1GB. Holy shit. I remmeber the bad old days when I though 80MB drives were wicked cool. Here I am 15 years later thinking 40GBs is enought for a laptop. Guess not.

Holy shit I'm pulling down Gbs of data every day? How the hell am I doing this. I guess I really need to get the network back up so I can use my G3 (with its sort of spacious 150GBs of stoarge) as a file server and download box. Tho' I may need to get a 200 GB drive and build up another server, as my G3 is filling up pretty quickly as well. I honestly can't believe I'm filling up drives this fast. I mean a few months and I may be in need of a Terabyte or two.

Anyways I've got 1200+ feed items to read (thankfully feeds max out after a point) maybe one of them has a really cheap hard drive.



Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>