Just a generic geek, with a tendency for taking things apart


Blogger Profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
RSS Feed

PicoSearch

This blog is in the process of moving to Markw.us, just take note.

Friday, March 11, 2005
Strange Transmissions
 
I just wrote that title in, and all of a sudden I knew what I was going to write about. In the last day or two I've realized how much audio essays I'm taking in. Its strange. Audio has some strange power over me. Yes I still skim over my 1000+ RSS items a day, but audio is different. With audio I listen to subject matters I would never pick up on if it were text. Some of the weird things I've listened to have included combining Buddhist meditation with "traditional" modern psychology (read drugs) discussions on string theory, drug law enforcement, the dangers of "post-feminism" with regards to women's rights, and reality show like ramblings on a pop-type band.

Some people don't like audio because you don't know what you'll get, but I feel exactly opposite. I love audio because I don't know what's going to pop up. It seems more natural than the written word, which isn't to say I'm forgetting text-based sites I can't and I'm not. But in terms of my favorite delivery method, its easily audio.

Passive and active at the same time, and so much more flexible than the written word, with a toolbox of tricks that help convey the message.

I really need to record more audio.



Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>