Just a generic geek, with a tendency for taking things apart


Blogger Profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
RSS Feed

PicoSearch

This blog is in the process of moving to Markw.us, just take note.

Monday, May 23, 2005
24
 
jake saves the world! Again!

I liked this season. Really pretty ridiculious, someone or shot tortured in each episode - usually more than once and more than once the same person. While its a lot of fun to watch, is one of the shows that requires people to take the step from being entertained to being involved - tracking characters and following the same clues they do. I reached on of Jacks conclusions as fast as he did (the audio puzzle) which was certainly the intention of the producers. Anyways I like 24, and I like Jack (I even picked up Dark City partially because of 24 - and I loved that)

But still this season was a little ridiculous and I really hope they think about turning it down when it returns next January. I doubt it tho' as they put it

On the first Day he saved the president
on the second day he saved a city
on the third day he saved a nation
on the forth day (this season) he saved the world (huh? I don't think so - stopped some bad politics but the world?)
Blah blah blah - if you think this is the end - you don't know Jack.

So what the hell are they going to have him save? The Solar system? The Galaxy (Jack Bower meats MiB - has Will Smith signed on?) The Universe (Star Trek Can sign on here - or didn't Lucas say something about live action series - or the Beeb is looking to distribute Doctor Who in the US)? Or wait, maybe Jack can save himself - his ego is somewhat larger than the earth. Ohh Ohh maybe Jake is going to be an ecological terrorist freelance protector and save the oceans (saves the earth - which is certainly bigger than the political essence we can call the world)

I think I know why Dave Barry live blogs 24 - its way too much fun to speculate on what sort of outrageous and entirely improbable plot twists the writers of 24 are going to stick in.



Comments:
Woooh. Go me.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>