Just a generic geek, with a tendency for taking things apart


Blogger Profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
RSS Feed

PicoSearch

This blog is in the process of moving to Markw.us, just take note.

Friday, June 17, 2005
Root Beer Part Duex
 
Batch One of the Root Beer has been brewed, cooled and sampled and the verdict - mmmmm Beer.

No I didn't forget the root, the concoction (1.25 cups sugar, 1.5 tablespoons extract, 1 teaspoon yeast and about 2 liters of water) Tastes more like a beer than root beer with a noticeable yeast flavor and what I'll swear is a distinct taste of alcohol. And it probably is a strong bit of alcohol.

Of corse its entirely my fault - I added too much yeast - like 4 times too much, which explains why it took 1/4 the time to brew (1 day not 4) and why there seems to be a stronger alcohol content (more yeast eating more sugar) and why the thing tastes like yeast.

I feel dumb.

Anyways I'm going to see how I can save batch two (batch one had its yeast killed when chilled)



Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>