Just a generic geek, with a tendency for taking things apart


Blogger Profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
RSS Feed

PicoSearch

This blog is in the process of moving to Markw.us, just take note.

Monday, July 18, 2005
My Head Hurts
 
I started writing this post several hours ago after watching Primer, which is an amazingly mind boggling movie and is one of the few movies I have seen that has such a complicated plot that I walked away from it feeling like my mind was flattened by a meat tenderizing hammer, a steam roller and a slice of lemon wrapped around a gold brick then haphazardly reshaped with a meat grinder and a pasta bowl.

In other words I loved it and am entirely glad I bought it. A lot of people seem to be comparing it to 2001 a Space Oddessy, and while I can see some of those connections I think its easier to describe it as the same sort of movie as Donnie Darko, if you take away the goth and the empathetic preppy teenager following then seriously amplify the science (even if Donnie Darko is more of a metaphysical/mysticism deal).

If the past two run-ons (or any of this blog) made any sense to you, Primer is certainly your kind of movie. Its not a movie you watch once so if you have a netflix account or access to a copy without buying you may want to go that route, but if you're like me and too cheap for Netflix and no where near a major metropolitan area, consider ebay or some other used outlet, its a lot of fun, and I can't wait to show it to people I know who have a chance of understanding it enough to hold an interesting conversation (because this is a movie that invokes conversation - at least it does once the headache starts to dissipate)



Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>