Just a generic geek, with a tendency for taking things apart


Blogger Profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
RSS Feed

PicoSearch

This blog is in the process of moving to Markw.us, just take note.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005
D'oh (or why I should have double checked my schedule)
 
I was stupid, I don't return to class today, I return on Thursday, which doesn't make a lot of sense (then again returning on a Tuesday doesn't either) Not entirely a wasted trip as I still needed to hand money over to them. Anyways, my ego is bruised so I'm pretty sure no one cares about that so back to the PC.

Here's the breakdown:
Abit KV-80 motherboard with onboard firewire, USB2, gigabit ethernet, serial ATA, audio and video
300GB hard drive
AMD Sempron 3400+ 2GHz 64bit processor
Cheap low-cost Geforce FX5200 AGP card
16x DVD +/- RW drive
ATi TV Wonder Pro capture card
RF Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
Replacement power supply
1GB ram (to be purchased)

total paid $550

All to be housed in the Coolmaster ATC-630 case I received a few months ago:


I know it will run Linux, I think I want to use Ubuntu, and possibly duel or tri boot with Windows XP then if I get bold I may mess with < cough>10.4 x86< /cough>.



Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>