Just a generic geek, with a tendency for taking things apart


Blogger Profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
RSS Feed

PicoSearch

This blog is in the process of moving to Markw.us, just take note.

Monday, September 19, 2005
I'm a statistic!
 
As best as I can figure I was part of the most recent CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll. What perturbed me is that 1) they recognize two political parties (guess which two), 2) they barely recognize non-christian religions, and 3) even after you've finish the poll they won't (or can't) tell you who sponsored the poll or what its for. I've taken the damned poll, I'm not going to change my answers. Anyways between those questions combined with the processed answers, and listening to this IT Conversation on how southeast asia is kicking our ass in terms of science and technology I'm partially ignoring John F. Kennedy's suggestion that I ask what I can do for my country and instead am asking some things of it.

  • Fix this country, not Iraq, not Iran, not Afghanistan, not Japan. This country and its 50 states.

  • We like science. Stop picking and choosing which studies you agree with, so stop trying to litigate it, its not a religion where you can pick your belief, Sciences are based in facts. I'm not saying you can't have your religion, just keep it seperate.

  • Get over the oil thing. I don't care if its in my backyard but I want nuclear power. Modern designs are perfectly safe.

  • Rework the FCC and telcoms. I want real communication systems, not this 256k "broadband" and TV/Radio censorship. Homeless people in Taiwan can get better bandwidth than I can. If you don't want to pay for it on the federal level, fine, just don't hand over complete control to the rats that run the major telcoms.

  • How about some accountability? If you screw up, fine just make it right. When you try and shift the blame to some other poor sap I loose respect for you, and frankly you need all of that you guys can get.

  • Responcibility, I want some and you ain't giving it to me. I'm an American citizen capable of making my own choices, so stop trying to outlaw my morals and ethics in favor of your own shortsighted and seemingly drug induced visions.

  • We are one country out of 192 (give or take one), how about we not piss off 190 of them.

  • Those Useless wars - like the 35+ year war on drugs and the fear-mongering one on terror, stop them. Spend the money on something useful, like comic books or open source software

  • Stop selling out, or did I miss the memo where the RIAA, BSA (not the scouting organization) and MPAA bought a controlling share of the justice and education departments.

  • Stop BSing everyone about "No Child Left Behind", the only reason you think its working is because you haven't looked back.



I'm sure there are some more things I would like from my country, but if you start working on this list, I'll see about working on yours.



Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>