Just a generic geek, with a tendency for taking things apart


Blogger Profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
RSS Feed

PicoSearch

This blog is in the process of moving to Markw.us, just take note.

Thursday, September 29, 2005
The not so fun side effects of sleep deprivation
 
I'm not getting the REM cycles I need and I know it. Trust me I've been trying to this week but it just hasn't been happening for assorted reasons (at least the crickets are quieting down as it gets cooler) I have every intention of being asleep before 8PM tonight and will kill anyone who dares wake me short of a massive disaster.

However I'm noticing some really weird, very not fun side effects of sleep deprivation.

The first is the headache. When I'm short a few hours sleep I know it because of a general headache, but with as little sleep as I have this week, I'm noticing a special headache. A double headache. It feels like my head is split into 6 quadrants, and two non touching quadrants are hurting, one distinctly more than the other. I don't think I've ever had that happen before

Furthermore my tongue isn't working right, I kind of feel like Gully Foyle from Bestler's "The Stars my Destination" (one of my favorite books) Specifically the scene where his senses are mixed up. When I had some sugar based candies the moment it touched my tongue there was a shocking pain, sort of burning, and as that subsided it tasted rancid and extremely bitter.

I'm also dazed but functional. I was drafted into some stupid task during class this morning, some server configuration, and did it perfectly while 1/3rd (or less) awake.

Strange Strange Things.



Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>