Just a generic geek, with a tendency for taking things apart


Blogger Profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
RSS Feed

PicoSearch

This blog is in the process of moving to Markw.us, just take note.

Friday, September 30, 2005
Serenity
 
10 months ago I made my first mention of Serenity, the movie based on Firefly, a short lived Fox TV show cancelled before it could end its first season. While thats common practice at Fox anymore, Firefly was amazing, developing a rabid following that had a decent 3rd party option to the Star Trek/Star Wars debate. I'm sort of sad that it took me 3 years after its cancellation to finally get around to learning about it, especially since I love the science fiction genre. The veer back on point I've been waiting for Serenity to come out for about 10 months (likely more - but I can't quite prove it), well not quite sitting as I've sunk close to $100 (very well spent) into the franchise. And today, finally, I got to see the movie, and it is shiny! I won't go into details other than to say that while the movie can stand on its own, it is made for the fans. If you can, get a hold of the DVDs (beg, borrow, rent, or steal) and watch them before seeing Serenity, because they really do add a whole new layer to the movie. You don't need to go into the comics or anything, but at least a few of the episodes (like the intended pilot - also named Serenity, Out Of Gas, Objects in Space, possibly Ariel and Heart of Gold) If you can't, are too lazy, or poor to get the DVDs, go see the moive. It'll change your mind.

But yes Firefly / Serenity good. Go see Serenity. Go watch Firefly. Then go see Serenity again. maybe a third time too....



Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>