Just a generic geek, with a tendency for taking things apart


Blogger Profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
RSS Feed

PicoSearch

This blog is in the process of moving to Markw.us, just take note.

Monday, September 26, 2005
They're figuring out my secrets
 
Some people might wonder why I'm not a fan of this fear-mongering the Bush Administration is doing, or why I really oppose things like the DMCA, and the answer is pretty simple. They make me a criminal. What those laws and policies do is not protect us, but blind us, but stopping people with inquisitive natures (like myself) from finding out the weaknesses they are too lazy to properly fix. Security though obscurity does not work, because there are always going to be people who are intrigued by the obscure. And don't tell me that I'm worrying about nothing, I suspect that there are a lot of geeks like this guy, who are detained for having a deeper relation with technology and information than most. And don't tell me that it can't happen to me because I'm in the States and not in the UK. Our cultures are not all that dissimilar.



Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>