Just a generic geek, with a tendency for taking things apart


Blogger Profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
RSS Feed

PicoSearch

This blog is in the process of moving to Markw.us, just take note.

Thursday, October 20, 2005
Apple Counting Problem
 
I'm pretty steamed with Apple right now. I have a non-functional iPod shuffle on my hands, have for a week or so but I'm only now getting around to pestering Apple. I was motivated to get around to it because last night while trying to fix it, my iTunes Library did a vanishing act. Rather it became corrupted, and while the XML version of my library made it easy rebuild, it was a frustration I didn't need. So first I tried the online service request, entered all the info it wanted and after writing up the problem it comes up - "OUT OF WARRANTY". Maybe the 90 day warranty as I didn't get it from an Apple dealer, but it is certainly within the 1 Year Limited Warranty, and I can prove it. iPod Shuffles were released in January, about 9 months ago.

How can a product that has only existed for 9 months be outside of a 1 year warranty?!?!



Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>