Just a generic geek, with a tendency for taking things apart


Blogger Profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
RSS Feed

PicoSearch

This blog is in the process of moving to Markw.us, just take note.

Sunday, October 30, 2005
Paper or Plastic
 
I just had to run out and collect a dozen eggs from the store. One (1) single item, that probably shouldn't cause a fuss. Only, somehow, it was an ideal example of total waste. It took two (2) clerks to ring up that one (1) item, and then ask what I wanted "paper or plastic". Huh? I was only picking up one item, one single, easily grip-able item that I was carrying with one (1) hand and exactly zero (0) shopping carts. If I walked up with it in one hand, why on earth do I need a (1) bag? Of corse in this sloth ridden, gas guzzling, completely wasteful society known as America this logic managed to escape those two (2) clerks, who on hearing that "I don't need a bag" each produced nice confused looks (2). Eventually they figured out what they're supposed to do when the customer doesn't want a bag, but some on what type of insane logic dictates that you need a bag for a single (1) item? Its almost as annoying as when they throw a gallon of milk into a bag I mean, come on, there's a handle BUILT IN.

Stupid, Mindless, Wasteful Americans.



Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>