Just a generic geek, with a tendency for taking things apart


Blogger Profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
RSS Feed

PicoSearch

This blog is in the process of moving to Markw.us, just take note.

Saturday, October 08, 2005
Two things you shouldn't forget, but I forgot
 
First: Never forget the first three rules of troubleshooting electronics.

Is it plugged in?
Is it plugged in?
Hey Stupid stop saying yes and make sure the damned thing is plugged in!

My linux box has been having video problems this week. Turns out the video card became unseated (it wasn't plugged in)

Second: Never forget your headphones.

I've been watching Nerd TV on my laptop during my unwanted 2 hour break from classes on Fridays. I forgot to grab my headphones on the way out so I didn't get to watch it in a comfortable position and listening to music wasn't an option so killing two hours was more painful than normal.

Three: Never forget to stop at two items when you say you're going to post two items

Make of that what you will.



Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>